Pastoral Care permeates all aspects of school life in St. Joseph’s Grammar and is the integration of the academic, social, physical, emotional and spiritual education of students. Pastoral Care is the ethos created so that an atmosphere of care exists in the school community.
In particular, our aim is to help:-
- Promote the holistic development of students in a happy, secure, supportive and stimulating environment.
- To develop in students a strong sense of their own dignity, identity, self-esteem and a mutual respect for others.
- To facilitate the exploration and comprehension of personal and health related issues pertinent to the student’s i.e. mental and physical health.
- To prepare students to become Christian citizens in the community.
- To develop their talents to the fullest extent.
- To empower students to become effective lifelong learners.
- To promote positive relationships at every level within the school and with stakeholder groups involved in the school.
- Develop good relations with parents / guardians for the mutual benefit of all.
- Establish and maintain active links with the wider community.